Espanola Galapagos Day Trip from San Cristobal Island
- Catch sight of the lovely Española Albatross, one of Galapagos most unique birds (breeding season March – Januray)
- Make it a 2-hour hike to spot Blue-Footed Boobies, Nazca Boobies and Española Iguanas
- Meet pup sea lions at one of the many colonies inhabiting the island
- Take a refreshing dip in the white-sand Garder Bay and snorkel next to sea lions and sea turtles
- IMPORTANT NOTE!
- Passengers with accommodation on Airbnb and their tour is on Thursdays, they must approach directly to the address Charles Darwin S/N and Teodoro Wolf at a time of arrival at the agency between 17:00 and 18:30.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Dock|
|RETURN LOCATION||Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Dock|
|DEPARTURE TIME||7:30 am|
|DURATION||8 hours approx.|
|WEAR||Light clothing, hat, sunscreen, walking shoes, water shoes, swimming suit.|
|INCLUDED|| Bilingual Professional Guide.
Pick up/Drop off at Puerto Baquerizo.
Snorkeling equipment (mask and fins).
|NOT INCLUDED|| Towels.
Pick up/ drop off at hotel of stay
Tips & Gratuities (optional)
Description Tour: Espanola Galapagos Day Trip from San Cristobal Island
The day before, the guide will come to your hotel to give some instructions for your trip and so you may try on your snorkeling suit.
Meet with your guide at 7:30 am at Pueto Baquerizo Dock and get ready for 2 hour navigation (approx.) towards Espanola Island. Your first stop will be Punta Suarez, the disembarkation spot and the starting point of a 2-hpur hike. Along the way you will catch sight of some of Galapagos most Iconic wildlife: Galapaogs Albatross (only during mating season March to January), Blue-Footed Boobies, Nazca Boobies (which nest there) and colorful Española Iguanas.
After this hike and back at the boat you will move towards Gardner Islet and get your snorkel equipment ready (mask and fins) to explore the waters of Gardner Bay. Swim alongside pup sea lions, Galapagos Sharks, colorful fishes and marine iguanas. A box lunch will be served in the boat at 14h00, as these parts of the islands are inhabited. You will return to San Cristobal afterwards, return time to Puerto Baquerizo is scheduled around 16:30 – 17:00.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to fulfill this tour, you must be at San Cristobal (Puerto Baquerizo) one day prior to departure.
What to Expect:
Location: The extreme southeast of the archipelago, considered one of the oldest in the archipelago. It is located at two hours southwest from the port of San Cristóbal.
Wildlife: Galapagos (Waved) Albatross, Blue Footed Boobies, Nasca Boobies, Red Billed Tropicbirds, Galapagos Hawks, Sally Light-foot Crab, sea lions. Española Iguana, sea turtles, hammerhead sharks, rays.
Difficulty Level: Moderate – A two hour hiking in uneven terrain and open water snorkeling.
Activities: hiking, snorkeling, swimming, short beach hike