Quilotoa Loop Tour from Quito
* NOTE: This trip is a beginners Quilota Loop Tour that lasts 1 day. If you are looking for the 2-day trekking tour of Quilotoa, please ask us for more info, we will surely plan a customized trip of Quilotoa for you.
This Quilotoa loop tour for beginners is one of the most requested day-tours from our travelers. An amazing experience down to the volcanic crater lagoon plus and culture-filled discovery.
During the tour you can see the Cotopaxi Volcano, the Ilinizas, crops of potatoes, broccoli crops and very beautiful Andean landscape, the ride to the Quilotoa Lagoon is full of colors and joy. Let’s start now and do not forget your sweater.
- Drive through the unforgettable mountain villages settled on the Avenue of the Volcanoes on your trip to Quilotoa.
- Get close to the local community and farmers in the surrounding areas of Quilotoa Lagoon
- Visit the different towns and get enriching encounters with local culture
- Walk and down to the beautiful turquoise waters of Quilotoa Caldera
- Horseback riding or kayakin the lagoon are also great options aside form the hike.
|SHARED DEPARTURE||Thursday & Sunday|
|PRIVATE DEPARTURE||Every day (extra cost)|
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Magic Bean (Foch & Juan Leon Mera)|
|RETURN LOCATION||Magic Bean|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Around 07:00 am.|
|DURATION||8 – 9 Hours Approximately|
|WEAR||Comfortable clothing, hiking shoes, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
Bilingual Professional Guide.
Transportation – pick up/ drop off at hotel.
Quilotoa entrance fee.
Cost of extra activities not listed (bikes, kayaks etc)
Optional mule ride to the Quilotoa.
Hotel in Quito (we can arrange your hotel accommodation if need)
Tips & Gratuities (optional)
Quilotoa Loop Tour short description.
We will start the day driving 89 km south from Quito through the Panamericana Hwy. aka “The Avenue of the Volcanoes”. The first spot will be Latacunga City at Cotopaxi Province. From this point we will head west for a 1 hour drive through the unforgettable Andean scenery and reach the village of Quilotoa.
A stop at Saquisilí town is a must to get in contact with the Andean culture. Different popular markets are found here, an enriching encounter with the local culture and traditions. We will also pass though the small town of Pujilí, Tigua (famous the Tigua art – paintings made with chicken feather brushes on sheep hide canvas – a celebration to their mountain life, festivals, legends, and traditions).
The loveley town of Zimbahua comes right before we start hiking towards the turquoise colored Quilotoa Lagoon. This natural wonder si formed by the collapsed volcanic caldera and its waters hold strong minerals, preventing any kind of ichthyologic and ornithological life forms in the area, also the reason for its unique coloring.
From the rim of we will then towards the banks of the lagoon to delight with the beautiful landscape. We can also get the chance to have a mix with the rich Andean culture of the local community that inhabits the surrounding area. On the late afternoon, we will head back to Quito.