2-Day Trip of Cotopaxi and Quilotoa Tour from Quito
Embark on a Cotopaxi and Quilotoa Tour! Take a 2-day trip through the Avenue of the Volcanoes towards two of the most important landmarks in the Ecuadorian Sierra: Cotapaxi and Quilotoa Tour. On day one, visit Cotopaxi Volcano and climb up to the first refugee, take an optional bike ride afterwards. Lodge in the comfy Chuquiragua lodge and get ready for your next adventure. On day two, ride towards Quilotoa Crater Lagoon for an amazing hike and visit Tigua artisan’s town to end you adventure before returning back to Quito.
- Drive through the unforgettable mountain villages settled on the Avenue of the Volcanoes on your trip to Quilotoa and Cotopaxi.
- Enjoy a stunning scenery, crisp mountain air at Cotopaxi National Park at a short drive from Quito.
- Step into the Paramo biodiversity at Limpiopungo Lagoon, climb up to the glaciers (depends on weather conditions).
- Enjoy an optional biking adventure on the ladders of Cotopaxi Volcano.
- Visit the different towns and get enriching encounters with local culture
- Walk and down to the beautiful turquoise waters of Quilotoa Caldera
|SHARED DEPARTURE||Wednesdays & Saturday|
|PRIVATE DEPARTURE||Every day (extra cost)|
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Plaza Foch located at Mariscal Foch y Juan León Mera at 07:00|
|RETURN LOCATION||Plaza Foch located Barrio Mariscal at Mariscal Foch y Juan León Mera at 07:00|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Around 07:00 am. The time will be confirmed in your service voucher.|
|DURATION||8 – 9 Hours Approximately|
|WEAR||Comfortable clothing, hiking shoes, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
|INCLUDED|| Bilingual Professional Guide.
Transportation to/from Quito.
Accommodation in a Double Room in Casa Sakiwa in Machachi (Standard Room)
Lunch (Days 1 and 2) and Breakfast (Day 2)
Bike & helmet for Cotopaxi
|NOT INCLUDED|| Quilotoa entrance fee.
Breakfast on day 1
Dinner on the night of Day 1
Cost of extra activities not listed (bikes, kayaks etc)
Mule ride to the Quilotoa.
Hotel pickup and drop-off (meeting point is Barrio Mariscal – See notes)
Additional food and drinks.
Hotel in Quito (we can arrange your hotel accommodation if need)
Tips & Gratuities (optional)