Packing List for Your Next Trip to Galapagos Islands.
The first thing that strikes the travelers’ mind when packing for an adventure or a tour is the luggage restrictions! Which is most disappointing thing that a traveler might feel and in a place like Galapagos, where you would want to stay for a long time and spend some good time.
The restrictions are set by the airlines authority, which includes one standard carry on of 8 Kg and one check-in-piece of 20 kg. If at all you exceed all this conditions, you will have to pay an excess of US $2 per kg. Some of the other restrictions those you must follow at Galapagos Islands is having your luggage screened at SIC-GAL (a security check) and also you will not be permitted to carry a plant, an animal or agricultural products.
So it is always suggested that you must only carry the essential things and travel light. The heavy luggage can make your Galapagos Trip difficult carrying all over.
So let’s see that what are the things to be carried for your trip to Galapagos:
The Most Essentials:
- Travel Documents– When you are foreigner, you must carry your original passport which is the most important document among all the documents. You must also carry all your travel and service documents with you.
- Day Pack- Usually you carry this everywhere you move on and this sometimes includes the basic necessities.
- Backpack- You have to carry for your belongings such as the clothes and toiletries. It is always recommended to carry the bags with the wheels.
- Comfortable Pair of shoes-Always prefer shoes in which you are comfortable walking whole day so that it will not become a burden at the end of the day.
- Sun Protection- Hats or Caps are also one of the important things that you must carry as you have hot sun plying over your head. So protect yourself from direct sunshine. Don’t forget lots of Sun Screen. You would not like tans after returning from an exotic sun bath on Isabela Beaches.
- Toiletries- Don’t forget to carry all the necessary toiletries such as tooth pastes. Bath towels etc.
- First Aid & Medication- This is one of the major things that will help you to keep safe in the case of an emergency.
- Cash- Always carry enough of cash for all the expenditures such as drinks, passes etc. This is important because there are very few places in Galapagos who accept credit cards.
And other recommended item that is necessary to carry at the travel time to Galapagos is Camera, Travel Adapters & Chargers, Memory Backup, Water Bottles, Mosquito Repellent, Alarm clock and Binoculars. So enjoy your time spending at Galapagos with this light packing list.